On the 15th of April 1846, Lemuel bought the lot where he would build his home. Over the years the Chenoweth Homestead went through several owners and many “modern” updates. Vinyl siding had been installed. Storm windows had been added. Aluminum spouting was in place. The roof had been painted. A bathroom was added. The coal furnace in the basement was replaced with a new modern coal furnace. Many inside walls had veneer paneling, carpet, carpet or plastic tile covered the floors and fiberboard covered many ceilings. The floors, doors, and woodwork had been painted. The well house had been removed and the cellar house was falling over the railroad bank. The kitchen had evidence of being burned. In 1997, when Randy Allan acquired the property the cellar bottom had been filled in with creek gravel. Through his research he knew the house basement was not the cellar. A new foundation was created. The current cellar house was carefully transferred to the foundations.